Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Of spring cleaning..

Disclaimer: This post was written a long time back, as a hurt woman's response to a cranky, whiny husband. It is my reference guide- intended to be pulled out to justify myself everytime I invest a little too much time in spring cleaning. Other than that, it serves no better purpose and you wouldn't be any wiser reading this. 

I used the last weekend for spring cleaning and it took me the longest time to organise the 3 wardrobes shared between Pari and me. And the husband, saddened by the colossal waste of time and being the master of generalization kept lamenting on how I always manage to turn a simple task into an endless chore that eats up the better part of the precious weekend. Actually, here he is only stating the fact. I indeed take a very long time to organise my clothes. And I think I have good reason for it, and it is unfair to compare his wardrobe to mine. I provided him with a detailed explanation which I think is important to be documented, for quick reference, should similar questions arise in the future.

I have the following sections in the 3 wardrobes(Pari has just 2 shelves, so we can ignore her at the moment). And not to forget the 4 suitcases that I use as extended wardrobes!
1. For Office wear - western semi formals
2. For Office wear - Indian formals
3. For Fridays - Jeans, capri's & t-shirts
4. For executive meetings - western formals with jacket, full sleeve formal shirts, skirts and stockings
5. For office wear on small occasions - Indian salwar kameez with glitz
6. For office wear on major festivals - Sarees with glitz but still classy - no red, yellow, golden!
7. For leisure - casual local outings - casual clothes
8. For formal outings - like to Pari's PTA's or dance classes
9. For beach vacations -shorts, wrapping skirts, jumpsuits, sarongs
10. For city vacations - nice casual dresses
11. For vacations with parents or parents-in-laws - conservative version of 9 & 10
12. For vacations in winters - trench coat, jackets, scarves
13. For staying at home during winters
14. For home wear at my house
15. For home wear at my parents/aunts/uncles' houses
16. For home wear at my parents-in-law's house
17. For festivals
18. For family weddings
19.For friends/distant relatives' weddings
20. Night wear when it is only me, husband and Pari
21 Night wear when we have company
22 Yoga gear
23 Gym gear
24 Rain gear
25 Travel wear for flights
26 Travel wear for trains

I don't think that I am done yet, but you get the drift, right? 

1 comment:

Vineet Gupta said...

I never thought there could be so many categories of clothes :D!!! Even chaps at myntra wouldn't be aware of so many categories :D!!! Its like putting numerous tags on JIRAs!!! Finally you start forgetting the tags!!! Shouldn't keeping them folded and nicely stacked do the trick?