Sundar tagged me to do this one, originated by HBM. I know its rather late, considering half of the world is already through with it. However, it is my first tag(thanks Sundar!)and a really nice one at that, so I don't want to miss it for anything! 5 things that I love about being a mother.. hmmm...now this has me thinking. I have been a mother for a little over 2 years now, and so many thoughts come rushing to me as I write this post. Like all moms, I love motherhood for all the hugs, kisses and warmth it brings. However, for this post, let me dig deeper and try listing things that are more specific.
1. Motherhood has brought me closer to my husband's family(they are my family as much but I really don't know how to put it in words). With Pari, I get a feeling of greater belonging, to the extent that I feel more a part of his family than my own! At the same time, the husband no longer takes me for granted, since motherhood ensures he does not get much of me.
2. Having a baby has made me responsible, alert and disciplined. I can no longer afford to spend time randomly browsing websites or gossiping around, nor do I forget little things or sleep like a log. I love the sense of control, the confidence that motherhood has given me.
3. It is an instant image booster! Among my colleagues, most people my age do not have babies, and to make matters worse, I don't even look my age. Pari is my trump card, tables turn the moment I mention her. It is funny to see shocked faces, especially when they belong to overzealous men.. ha!
4. An unfair advantage that I get out of motherhood is being judged by my daughter's looks. My mom had my pics replaced with Pari's the day she got born. Now, whoever has not seen me in the last 15 years, imagines that I am extremely pretty :P
5. And last, but not the least.. it is things like these that make having a baby absolute fun. Who else, other than your own baby would allow you to give her a hair cut :)
Needless to mention, the biggest reason for which I love motherhood remains my little, sunny daughter, who has brought so much joy and sunshine in our lives. I tag Banno, Asaan and Blink and miss to do this.