Monday, August 24, 2009

A bad hair day!

I had a haircut last Friday, and now, its like the shortest hair that I have ever had. So much that if I pull it together and try tying it, it behaves spunky, and the poor rubber band is expelled in a matter of minutes. Did I tell you how much I hate keeping my hair loose, I am now forced to do that. Thankfully, it is too short to even reach the nape of my neck so I am still sane.
And yesterday, less than 30 hours after the bad bad haircut which has the husband still steaming, I got a call from Dove. They said that I have won a free hair make-over at Lakme. The phrase 'hair makeover' had me in splits. Literally. The poor telecaller got really confused and hung up quickly. He probably thought that having never won any freebie in my current and past 7 lives, the news has shocked me crazy, and I am already jumping with joy. Well, the first part is actually true. I have never ever won anything free, never been a 'lucky winner' as they term it. And there lies my agony. Damn, I cannot even celebrate my first win, or bask in the new found glory. Its just so ironical. I have a cool voucher worth some 800 bucks, but no hair left to use it, sigh! If my hair is cut any further, the husband will certainly file a divorce. That is if he could resist shooting me at sight. On second thoughts, he doesn't have a gun, so it could be smothering, strangulating, poisoning, pushing off the terrace.. anything.. it matters little as long as it kills me.
To think of it, I have not had my hair cut short since almost 2 yrs. First, it was my b-i-l's wedding in Feb, 2008 for which I had to maintain a decent length. Then came my cousin's wedding the following December. Again, I just got it styled, but not at the cost of length. Yet again, last month, my brother decided to take the plunge. So finally, after important occasions had been attended, and all pics taken, proof enough that I did look pretty and feminine once upon a time, I got this haircut. What a perfect timing!
The voucher expires on October 31st. Please please suggest me some magic concoction - lizard's tail, frog's tongue, fly's artery, husband's nails.. any potion that can help me grow my hair to a respectable 'make-over'able length by then. You will have my eternal gratitude if that works, else you can walk away with the wretched voucher itself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah.that was almost like the gift of the magi.
but even with short hair they can do some make over no?hint: i have long hair which needs makeover,in case you are not using your voucher ;-)wink,wink
because i am one of those who never win anything.ever.

Violet said...

Gift of the magi.. wow! That never occurred to me.. it puts the whole thing in an amiable light :) Yes, 10 days with short hair, and I am already feeling the need for a makeover more than ever. Tied up hair looked neat to say the least. As for winning, I prefer to look at it the other way round now.. thanking God for all that I did not lose instead of what I won. Your tommy hilfiger watch for instance :)