Monday, January 16, 2023

16th birthday with 17 friends..

 ..and what a delight it was! We finally celebrated Pari's birthday today. She has attended her new school for less than 6 months, and I am so proud to see her already being great friends with half the kids in her class - which is to say 100% of the girls and 0% of the boys :) For her birthday, Pari invited 26 friends from the current school out of which 17 turned up. My love for little girls is no secret. I realise that this didn't come out sounding the way it was intended to be, so will clarify - I love my daughter, my little nieces and their young friends. I enjoyed hosting Pari's lovely friends - such polite, warm and promising young people who brightened up our party with their enthusiasm. 

At my end, I tried to surprise Pari with a piano cake. However, I realise that I am very poor at keeping secrets. Pari mentioned that she overheard me discussing the last-minute modifications with the cake designer this morning, and gathered that it was a cake related to music. So much for my undercover execution since last 15 days.. duh! Thankfully, the cake didn't disappoint.



No comments: