Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Of trying new things..

 There are so many beautiful memories that I have made with nephew S, even though he has been with us in India for just over an year. Since I have  to post every day, I am pacing myself and going easy on the content :) This is another really sweet moment we had, around the time this little guy turned 4. 

We were having lunch at my aunt's place, enjoying the all time favourite Chhole-Bhature. S surveyed the dining table and chose to sit in Pari's lap for the meal. Pari started feeding small bites to him. Being the giver that he is, S started inserting food in Pari's mouth in return. He then discovered the salt shaker on the table, poured plenty onto Pari's dish and started feeding her salt, only salt without any food. Pari refused to oblige.

P: S, don't feed me salt.

S: Why? 

P: I don't want to eat it.

S: Et baav tvy tav te detho (Ek baar try kar ke dekho - Try it just once and see)

We could barely stifle our laughter. This is exactly what we tell S every time he refuses to try a new food. Pari couldn't help smiling either!



No comments: