Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Of Twister and unyielding limbs

Twister is an old favorite in our home. The game is fun to play, and funnier to watch. We have pictures of friends and family, including my dear mother in various contorted positions in desperate attempts to stay on the twister mat and thereby, in the game. I remember catching hilarious(to the spectators, not necessarily to the subject) falls and tumbles on camera as well. 

When our friends suggested playing twister during the New year's party, I was quick to raise my hand. The three of us - Pari, DH and I were invited to play a game together. 3 moves in, I pulled my thigh muscle and retired immediately due to the intense pain. I felt embarrassed for quitting so soon and tried to massage my thigh to ease the pain, which felt unbearable and had me gasping for breath. I somehow waited for the DH to finish the game(which he eventually won against my gutsy kid) and return to help me. In the 3 minutes that lapsed, I had started feeling dizzy. The host offered a pain spray which we gratefully accepted and made our way to the bedroom for application. The next I know is the DH holding me and calling out my name loud, to wake me up from what felt like deep sleep. I had passed out from the pain on the way to the bedroom! On gaining consciousness,  I lay down in the bed for a while, still feeling faint, and my ears ringing so strongly that I could barely hear anything else. It took a good 20 min for the pain to subside and for me to become alert again. 

Effectively, the first thing I did this year was to faint before friends, family and a dozen strangers. 

No comments: